There comes a point when you get tired of wearing glasses and contacts. Glasses can get in the way, get lost, or get scratched, and taking contacts out at night and putting them in each morning can be a hassle. LASIK provides freedom from both!
6 LASIK facts
- In a LASIK procedure, lasers are used, not blades. Thinking that a metal blade is going to be near your eye is enough to make anyone nervous. However, nowadays lasers are typically used for corrective eye procedures, and they are much less invasive (and less scary!).
- It is safe. There are always risks with any procedure, but LASIK is generally considered to be one of the safest procedures there is.
- It doesn’t take long. Most patients are done and on their way in about 30 minutes (15 minutes per eye).
- You might still need reading glasses. It is important to note that LASIK does not totally eliminate the need for glasses for some patients. You may still need reading glasses, or you may need them in the future.
- Not everyone can have LASIK – but don’t despair. LASIK isn’t suitable for people with very thin corneas or very poor vision. However, another correction procedure may be appropriate for you even if LASIK isn’t. Your doctor will be able to suggest a more suitable procedure for you.
- You’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. It is understandable that you may be a bit squeamish about having an eye procedure. However, LASIK has been performed safely millions of times. When it is done, you’ll be able to enjoy traveling, sports, and your regular daily activities without worrying about broken or lost glasses or caring for and having to reorder contacts. You won’t have to fumble for glasses in the middle of the night when you get up or waste time putting contacts in every morning.
LASIK and iLASIK are very popular, life-changing procedures. If you wonder what it might be like to live without the hassle of glasses and contacts, contact Southside Eye Care for a LASIK consultation today! Call (757) 484-0101 for an appointment!